The symptoms that can arise from an unhealthy gastrointestinal tract include bloating, severe abdominal pain, fatigue and weakness, nausea, indigestion, embarrassing flatulence, and uncomfortable and irregular bowel patterns. Research has shown Prescript-Assist to provide relief from many of these symptoms.
Prescript-Assist works by restoring a healthy balance to the flora in your gut, empowering your immune system to fight off bacterial and fungal overgrowths. The strains in Prescript-Assist are expertly chosen to mimic the flora that is naturally present and found in traditional and Paleolithic diets.
Here are a handful of the benefits typically found when taking a high quality, soil-based probiotic like Prescript-Assist.
· Reduced flatulence
· Relief from nausea and occasional indigestion
· Replenished healthy gastrointestinal microflora
· Less frequent bouts of bloating and abdominal pain
· Promotion of a well functioning and healthy GI environment
· A regular and normal bowel pattern
· An overall sense of improved wellness and vitality
· With so many competing brands of probiotics on the market, it can be extremely hard to know which particular probiotic is our best option. Soil Based Organisms (SBOs) like Prescript-Assist are the latest step forward in scientific thinking, and they differ significantly from traditional lactic acid-based supplements.
· The theory behind Soil Based Organisms is pretty simple. Until a few generations ago, we viewed food hygiene very differently. Most of the vegetables and fruit that we ate would have come straight from the field or tree, with no processing at all. Our ancestors regularly ate small amounts of dirt along with their food, and the bacteria in that soil formed the basis of their gut flora. Fast forward to modern times and we get our
foods from supermarkets, where they have been cleaned, disinfected, processed and packaged. This means that we get much less exposure to the microorganisms living in the soil.
· Why does this matter? It is important because it has led to a fundamental change in our gut flora, and possibly our overall health too. The bacteria contained in that soil and dirt have historically performed the crucial function of regulating our immune systems, protecting us from bacterial and fungal overgrowth in our intestines. · Soil Based Organisms like Prescript-Assist aim to return our gut flora to the way they used to be. By reintroducing 29 strains of the soil-based bacteria that we currently lack, Prescript-Assist helps to bolster our immune system, improve digestion and restore balance to our gut flora. It’s important to note that soil-based probiotics generally have a much lower bacteria count, as they are much more resilient and survive the journey to your gut much more easily.
Glands located within the lining of your stomach produce a powerful stomach acid. A thick layer of mucous lines your stomach, which prevents this acid from digesting your stomach. In the stomachs of most people, this mucous lining is able to resist the stomach acid, although food and other body tissues can’t. According to U.K. food microbiologist Glenn Gibson, quoted in a 2008 story in “The Sunday Times,” only highly resistant bacteria such as lactobacillus and bifidobacteria can survive stomach acid. Other types of bacteria, including many probiotics, are likely to be destroyed by stomach acid.
Probiotics and Dairy
One method of protecting probiotic bacteria from stomach acid is by placing this bacteria in dairy foods. According to Bethlehem University, consuming probiotics in milk, yogurt and other dairy products provides the bacteria with a better chance of survival. This is because dairy
products can buffer the stomach acid, thus increasing the chances that the probiotic bacteria will survive the journey and make it into the intestine.
In the 2008 “Sunday Times” story, microbiologist Glenn Gibson points out that the only way most probiotic supplements will survive contact with stomach acid is if the supplement capsules have a special enteric coating. Enteric coatings are applied to a variety of oral medications, such as over-the-counter pain relievers, providing the medication with a protective layer that can’t be eroded by stomach acid. This allows the probiotic supplement to pass safely through the stomach so the intact bacteria can be absorbed in the intestinal tract.
· Delayed Slow-Release Capsule
This is the most important factor to consider in a probiotic supplement. Makesure the live cultures in your supplement can actually reach your intestines. That’s why you need a delayed slow-release capsule.
Scientists designed these special capsules to protect the probiotics from stomach acid. They release the probiotics in the small intestines where they are most effective. They start disintegrating approximately 45 minutes later than a typical immediate release capsule. They significantly reduce opportunity for early probiotic degradation.
Other capsules dissolve in the stomach within minutes of ingestion. It severely limits their ability to affect your digestive health. So it doesn’t matter what variety of strains or how many CFUs the capsule contains. Only about 10% of the bacteria will reach your intestines. These probiotics will have SOME positive impact on your health. Yet, it will be minimal compared to the probiotics in special protective capsules.
You want to make a difference in your digestive health. So you need a probiotic supplement that uses a delayed release capsule.
ActBiotics formula is created by Cellular Research Institute based out of West Jordan, Utah, USA. The company is composed of a team of scientist, with the main focus on digestive health, cellular, and microbial research.
Each bottle of ActBioics contains 30 serving. One serving is one veggie capsule and contains all 10 top research probiotic strains: (Bacillus Subtilis, Bacillus Coagulans, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Bifidobacterium Lactis, Bifidobacterium Longum, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Lactobacillus Salivarius, Lactobacillus Casei, Bifidobacterium Breve, Lactobacillus Paracasei). Total cultures are 30 billion per serving.
Pros of ActBiotics:
· Excellent customer reviews
· Smoother digestion, lowers inflammation, boosts immunity, promotes weight cleanse
· All Natural, vegetarian/vegan capsules
· 90 day money back guarantee
· Comes in a patented slow release capsule to protect the probiotics
Ultimate Flora An enteric coating is a polymer barrier applied on oral medication that prevents its dissolution or disintegration in the gastric environment. This helps by either protecting drugs from the acidity of the stomach, the stomach from the detrimental effects of the drug, or to release the drug after the stomach (usually in the upper tract of the intestine). Some drugs are unstable at the acid gastric pH, and need to be protected from degradation